Founder – Yoga Instructor
- Yoga found me in 2015 when I walked into a class looking to exercise. After a few months of becoming more comfortable with the practice, I wanted more. Started practicing 1-2 times daily and trying to handstand on my lunch breaks. From daily practice, I found a love for health & wellness and spirituality. I was awakened to a healthy and positive lifestyle which really lit my fire. My continued studies of yoga became my passion.
- My favorite practice is Ashtanga. Ashtanga was the foundation of my practice. My practice started in Vinyasa class, moved to Ashtanga then back to Vinyasa which is now my practice at YogaOnyx. The Ashtanga system is so structured which allows for a ton of physical advancement and technical learning. Vinyasa allows for more creativity and less demanding on your body but still very challenging and fun. Obviously, my favorite pose is handstand. There are so many aspects to a handstand and always room to improve. Kinda like playing golf… when you hit that one perfect shot it always makes you come back for more. In handstand, maybe your line gets a little more straight or held for a second longer which makes me want more every time 😊
- Opening YogaOnyx has been by far one of the most enjoyable times of my life and I hope it continues forever!
Hip Hop Dance Instructor
Yoga Sculpt Instructor
Yoga Sculpt Instructor
- What brought you to learn and study Yoga
My biggest goal is to make an impact in the lives of others. I noticed what significant improvements yoga brought into my life through consistent practice, and want to share that with anyone willing to try. Yoga sculpt adds in an element of strength training that leaves you feeling empowered and capable – I love it!
- What is your favorite practice/pose
Of course I am biased to yoga sculpt, and I particularly enjoy booty-work! In traditional flows, I love Warrior 3 and Half Moon.
- Something personal about you that you would like to share with your students.
I graduated from the University of Michigan (Go Blue!) but if you’re an Ohio State fan we can still be friends.
Yoga Sculpt Instructor
- I had a friend in highschol who loved and went to hot yoga everyday. I had to see why she was so obsessed so I started to go with her. After the first three yoga classes, where I thought I was going to die and almost had to leave the room because it was so hot, I started to understand the beauty of yoga. At first it was simply the ability to get out of my head and into my body during the practice. But as my practice advanced it became much much more. It was that feeling of actually wanting to eat and be healthy, of motivation towards anything I want to start doing (including teaching yoga), of truly wanting to be the best person I can be, that happens when leaving a really good class has me coming back every day. I started to love it so much that I wanted to show others the beauty of yoga too. I went to a teacher training and became a teacher in hopes of giving others the opportunity to experience what I experience during and after yoga.
- My favorite yoga practice is a hot vinsassa flow class. I love making the transitions from pose to pose as smooth and flowy as possible, kind of like a dance. This class makes me remember why I loved dancing as a sport so much when I was younger.
My favorite pose is dancer pose. I love this pose because it takes a lot of focus. My ability to balance in this pose varies from day to day and shows me my ability to clear my mind and fully focus of this pose that day. It shows me where I’m at and what I need to work on.
I also like how you can see with practice your foot go higher and higher over the top of your head throughout the years. You can see the progress of your handwork and practice.
- Probably something most people can relate to, but I love animals! I think there so sweet and cute. One of my favorite things to do is wake up early and open my doors to let all the from morning air into my apartment, drink coffee, and do yoga with my two cats, Zara and Kyoko. I am always available to look at cute animal videos with!
- I went to my first yoga class as a last resort in an attempt to heal an old sports injury. I had no idea what I was in for, but it completely kicked my ass physical, mentally and emotionally. After that first class, I was hooked. About two years later, I went through my first teacher training simply to learn more about all aspects of yoga, with no intention to teach. About a year and a half later, I took a second teacher training as the urge to teach and share what I’d learned had become much stronger.
- My favorite style of yoga to practice is Ashtanga. I love the emphasis on and commitment to the breath. The discipline and balance between challenging and growing your practice and accepting/respecting your practice where it is. And the continuing opportunity to always work towards something new as you advance through the series. Hard to pick one, but one of my favorite poses is kurmasana. Although very difficult for me to get into, it’s a great stretch and release in three areas I need the most – hamstrings, shoulders, and low back.
- Yoga has changed my life in so many ways other than just my physical capabilities. I’ve spent my whole life terrified of public speaking. Through yoga, I am now able to speak in front of large groups of people, as well as express my own creativity while doing so. I’ve also spent much of my life very uncomfortable in my own shoes. Since beginning to practice yoga, I’ve never been more comfortable or happy with who or where I am. I truly believe that the yoga practice can help change and shape the world for the better.